It’s hard to imagine living without some of the tech tools we have grown dependent upon. Things like smart phones and tablets have become indispensable. They save us time and make our personal and work life more efficient. But just a few years ago, some thought the idea of having a small handheld computer was unnecessary, and people would be overwhelmed with all the features. Just a few years later, and with over 56% of people currently using a smart phone, those skeptics were proven wrong.
We are seeing the same trend happen in the home automation industry. More and more people are being drawn to the idea of creating an energy efficient home, enhancing their security system with remote monitoring, or entertaining guests with room-specific or whole-home music.
In this article, we are going to talk about the reasons we think you’ll love home automation, and how Lewis Audio Video has been pioneers of the industry for over a decade.
Our energy management systems enable homeowners to monitor and reduce energy consumption of smart home electronics, conserve resources, and save money—all without sacrificing comfort or convenience.
- Set your intelligent lighting to automatically turn on and off with the rising and setting sun by timing them to an astronomical clock.
- Pre-set blinds to close, shutting out powerful sunlight and keeping the interior of your home cool while conserving energy.
- Reduce the demands on heating and cooling systems with climate control that regulates thermostat levels based on outside temperature.
- Press a “Lights Out” button to disable all intelligent lighting, making certain that no lights have been left on unnecessarily.
- Green home automation integrates with occupancy and motion sensors to dim or turn off lights when a room is unoccupied.
- Remotely monitor and manage all of the whole-house audio/video components and other smart home electronics with your iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® to prevent unnecessary energy consumption.
Automated home security systems offer ultimate peace of mind and endless safety options.
- At home or away – press one button to activate motion sensors and security cameras, turn on exterior night lights, close every blind, and automatically lock all the doors.
- When you pull into your driveway, your home automation system can automatically illuminate the path to your front door, turn on key interior lights, and deactivate your security system.
- No more fumbling around in the dark – as you move about the house, smart home control turn lights on or off for you, an especially useful feature if your hands are occupied with packages.
- Receive smart home system notifications (emails, texts, etc.) when the kids arrive home from school; if anyone enters or exits the home; if a medicine chest or liquor cabinet has been unlocked; or if a garage door has been left open.
- Set preferences to limit your children’s access to whole-house audio, video and security systems.
- Activate home automation security from anywhere in the world to get a complete visual check of your home, inside and out, by viewing security cameras from your iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®.
Many of our clients are surprised by how intuitively they have embraced their automation systems. Although it has a strange name and the technology might sound complicated, the automation systems we install are designed to provide seamless integration into your daily routines.
As we mentioned earlier, Lewis Audio Video have been pioneers in the Automation industry. We have been providing automation services to our customers for over a decade, and have a dedicated team of experts who are meticulous when it comes to working on your home. Please consider us for your automation needs when you decide to adopt this growing technology.